Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christian Reflections #1


Everyone in our society is so concerned with being repected, we often forget what it means to be respectful.  What do we mean when we say we want respect?  To be appreciated for our efforts?  To be adored by others?  To be above others in some way?  Is it to be loved?
  Do we desire respect out of our own pride or even arrogance?
  Jesus said in Mark 9:35-37 "Whoever wants to be first must be last and servant of all."  He then took a little child and put it in his arms, and he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me."
  We should treat everyone we meet as if they are Jesus.  Is this difficult to do? Yes it is.
  Remember, Christ give us the victory.  So be willing to be a servant, to step out of your comfort zone, to show love for your fellow man.  Be a reflection of Christ to someone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved by me, due to spammanaters, but even if you disagree with me, I'll post your comment.

Thanks and God Bless