Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sharing Stuff

I was asked to pick a play for the Burleson Theater Arts Guild, but it turned out they had picked Easter Weekend for it, and it was given to me about 1.5 months out.  We agreed to make it an Easter Themed play without being too "preachy" or "testimonial."  Everything I found was written for Junior high actors and I just wasn't pleased by it.  So I decided to write some dramatic/comedic scenes based on real life goodness, was planning on having a normal dinner theater, and having a live band playing ten or so songs (a mix of contemporary Christian and good old Rock and Roll).  At our last meeting we all agreed we just didn't have enough time to pull it off, but I thought I'd share my writings here.

Most of these are based on real life events with a focus on Love God, Love Others. The opening was just me having fun.

Anyways, here goes, enjoy....


Opening
(Actor comes into the audience, band on stage, lights up, spot on actor)

Welcome to our Easter Saturday Night of fellowship, music, and theater.

We welcome everyone, and any denomination (we accept 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s, heck even a 100 if you are so inclined).

I been studying the Bible and I’m amazed at all the characters.  I mean there are some real characters in there. 

I mean start with Adam, before Eve showed up, I think his theme song went (One is the loneliest number that you’ll ever do.) *Band picks up and sings)

And poor Eve…she didn’t have much choice, she was really stuck with Adam.  If you were the only man on earth….heh…well, here I am!  I think her theme song would be “Stuck in the Middle with You.”

But together Adam and Eve, They were really a pair.  I mean together they invented the greatest of foods and have their own song “Cheeseburger in Paradise.”

And then there was Noah…I think I know the perfect theme song for him, “Raindrops keep falling on my head.”

Esau, man he was a mess.  I think he was (Born to be wild).

Samson, you remember he had the hair that made him super strong.  I got his song too, “(Hair!)

Daniel’s would be (The Lion sleeps tonight).

Methusalah…oldest man ever right.  He was just (Staying alive, Staying Alive).

And finally there was Joshua singing (Good Vibrations)

Thank you for coming and enjoy the show!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved by me, due to spammanaters, but even if you disagree with me, I'll post your comment.

Thanks and God Bless